Since the announcement of Google’s fact sheet entailing that the speed of the webpage will play an important role in deciphering its ranking, different businesses have been trying out different methodologies for the maintaining quick access to their websites through speed optimization. This means that a website will have a slow page loading and crawl fewer pages can have a negative effect on their indexation as well.
According to a research, it is found out that 47% of the customers want the website to open in two seconds or less and 40% of the people will abandon the official page of the company site needs more than three seconds to load. Most of the websites take an average of 8.66 seconds for their webpages to load and that is not something, which is acceptable by the Google policies.
The expectations are higher when it comes to mobile loading of the webpages. Not only this but also even one second of the delay in loading of the webpage can result in 20% to 30% reduction in the conversion rates. In all, one thing that every one of us should understand is that slow speed will give your conversion and reduce the chances of sales and revenue generation.
Components that make a webpage
For anyone to understand the speed of a webpage needs to first know the components of a webpage. This includes:
- HTML code: which gives the structure and content to the webpage
- Static files: which are used for improving the interactivity, functionality, and design of the webpage?
- Other elements: which make the logo, background and the content of the webpage?
How does a webpage load?
- Slow hosting
- Bulky images
- Wrong apps, widgets, and plugins
- The theme of the site
- The third-party script
- The redirects
Use the following speed metrics to optimize your webpage better
There are a number of ways in which you can manage the metrics of the webpage speed. The best web designing company in Delhi is aware of the different ways to improve your webpage metrics. Look for the most effective ones in order to optimize your site in a better manner. These include:
- Optimization of the images to increase the webpage speed: Whenever you upload an image, you need to first compress it by Photoshop and any other software. The best format for compression of the image is the JPEG one; however, if you prefer quality then PNG format is the best one to choose. Compression of the image results in the reduction of the image size and makes your website load faster. For every image, you need to function between two things image compression and image quality.
- Reduce the number of redirects to increase the website speed: think it through this way, the more is the number of redirects on your website, the more you are the number of HTTP requests made from the server in the response cycle.
- Increase the server response cycle: according to research, it has been found that the response time of the server should not exceed 200 milliseconds. This also increases the load time of all the resources of the site for all the visitors. You need to fund a solution to problems like lack of memory, slow routing, slow queries, etc.
- Always use the content delivery network: you need to distribute the resources of all the traffic users so that all the webpages can be loaded effectively.
A good website is the one that loads in no time and makes the visitors indulge in good user experience.