Aconcagua is considered to be the highest mountain in South America with 22,834 height. If climbing is your passion and you want to go desperately for climbing then you should definitely go for climbing Aconcagua.
It is considered to be one of the easiest mountains if done with the normal route. But sometimes if proper safety is not taken then it becomes difficult for some climbers to survive in the mountain.
Otherwise, the normal route to climb Mount Aconcagua has a PD level of difficulty according to the international difficulty classification. If seen from a technical point of view the first sight of the mountain looks quite simple to climb.
Here in this mountain, you won’t get any high-altitude complications even sometimes when there are deep snow, avalanches, icefalls and ice walls. But if you compare this mountain with other mountains then it will be the easier one to climb according to mountaineers.
Here you will get a guide regarding how to climb Aconcagua mountain.
Physical precautions to be taken,
There are a few things you need to take care of when you are going to trek Aconcagua. As you are going to climb to a high altitude the body needs to be prepared accordingly. Otherwise, several health hazard may occur.
- You have to develop stamina. For that, you can do running cycling, ski or fast walk. Try to do this as often as you can to develop your stamina. As it is required when you are at a height.
- While you trek, you have to carry weights such as rucksack. So, you can start the practice of weight lifting and walking at the same time in order to get habituated with it.
- To prepare for trekking you need to prepare yourself mentally first. As you won’t get your desired food you so the impact of your diet can not be underestimated. Whatever you take just to make sure it is rich in carbohydrates.
- As you know the weight training is necessary to improve the anaerobic metabolism that feeds much of muscular work. But weight should be light so that you can concentrate on good form.
- Before going for a hike, you need to check your ability to acclimatize. This will require patience and honest judgment. Remember if you cheat you will endanger your own life. Good physical ability will aid your ability to trek at high altitude while carrying a rucksack.
The aspiring mountaineers who are looking forward to stretch themselves climbing Aconcagua are apt for you. It will not only challenge your ability, but the experience will change the way you see the world. It will make you more tough and competitive. There are organizations which provide guided climbing which means you can climb safely.