MS Dynamics CRM Implementation for Outlook is a job well done. Reason being, Outlook is something we all use to access our e-mails every day and customer service professionals who have to tend to their customers need access to Outlook constantly, along with Dynamics CRM as well which happens to be the software they work on. So an integration between these only proves beneficial and makes work easy which is not the case when both have to be used separately.
What steps does one follow to ensure a successful Microsoft Dynamics Implementation of CRM with MS Outlook? Either you do it yourself or you contact your MS Dynamics Partner who will do it for you, besides also providing Microsoft Dynamics Support post implementation.
Given below are steps that ought to be followed while doing a CRM Implementation for Outlook. Remember, offline capabilities for the user can be added as well during this installation or perhaps later on.
1. First ensure all the requirements for a Microsoft Dynamics Implementation of CRM for Outlook are in place, for which MS Dynamics CRM for Outlook hardware requirements and CRM for Outlook support can be used for reference.
2. Log onto your Computer as a Local Administrator.
3. Ensure that all the latest MS Office updates (which also includes security updates) are installed. Check MS Update to be on the safer side.
4. Now Locate and Run the Appropriate Installation File. For these, one of the methods given below can be followed:
(a) To install from web, go to MS Dynamics CRM 2016 for MS Office Outlook (Outlook Client) and subsequently download and run the executable file matching the architectural framework of the MS Office version installed.
(b) To install from DVD, double click on SetupClient.exe in the installation folder for 32 bit as well as 64 bit architecture for the MS Office copy installed. For 64 bit, the extension would be like … \Client\amd64 for 64-bit for and 32 bit, it would be like … \Client\i386 for 32-bit.
(c) To install from MS Dynamics CRM Web Application:
(i) Settings -> Apps for Dynamics CRM(ii) Apps for Dynamics CRM -> Download from Microsoft Download Center(iii) If dialog boxes appear titled Security Warning -> click Run
5. The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 for MS Office Outlook Setup wizard starts
6. Go to License Agreement Page -> Review the Information
7. If you Accept -> select I accept the License Agreement -> Next
8. Now if Get Recommended Updates page appears -> Indicate whether you wish to obtain updates through MS Update Program -> Next
9. Click Install Now or Options.
(a) To install Dynamics CRM for Outlook with offline capabilities, click Options. Now select Offline Capability on the Customize Installation page. Click Install Now. Check MS Dynamics CRM for Outlook Hardware Requirements for more.(b) To install Dynamics CRM for Outlook without offline capabilities, click Install Now.
10. All Program features get installed. A Progress Indicator gets displayed as well. You may be told to restart your computer to complete the installation.11. The moment the completion page of the Wizard shows, click Close.
Now that Dynamics CRM for Outlook has been installed, it is time to configure it. Restart Outlook and you will notice that the Configuration Wizard starts automatically.
1. To add an organization, choose from one of these:
(a) To connect with an MS Dynamics CRM Online organization, choose CRM Online from drop down.
(b) To connect to an on-premises deployment of MS Dynamics CRM, type the discovery-service for MS Dynamics CRM in the following formats:
(i) https://orgname.contoso.com for Internet-facing deployment
(ii) http://crmserver:5555 for internal deployments
2. Now Click Connect. In case you are prompted for credentials,
(i) For an MS Dynamics CRM Online organization, enter MS Online Services user name and password -> OK
(ii) For an on-premises deployment of MS Dynamics CRM, you may not be prompted as Dynamics CRM will use your Active Directory domain credentials
(iii) Now click Close. In case you happen to be a member of more than one organizations, restart the Configuration Wizard to designate a different organization as your current organization
If you do not wish to configure Dynamics CRM for Outlook immediately after installation, click Cancel. The Configure button then appears on the Outlook Toolbar and shall remain there until the Configuration is done with. If the wizard does not start automatically, start it like this. Start -> All Programs -> MS Dynamics CRM 2016 -> Configuration Wizard -> Configure MS Dynamics CRM for Outlook on the CRM Tab.
If an issue arises, refer to MS Dynamics CRM for Outlook Configuration Diagnostic to fix the same. Not that you will have to sign in with your CRM Online Credentials.
The steps mentioned above show how MS Dynamics CRM is installed for MS Outlook. Follow the steps if you are confident of doing the job yourself as it has been detailed out nicely and is more or less self-explanatory. Else, contact your nearest MS Dynamics Solution Provider who will come over and do it for you.