Table of Contents
- 1 Fight off the hot flushes and night sweats with acupuncture (holistic healing).
- 2 Menopause – A Transition | holistic healing
- 3 Symptoms of Menopause | holistic healing
- 4 Addressing Menopause
- 5 Conclusion holistic healing
Fight off the hot flushes and night sweats with acupuncture (holistic healing).
As women age, they start facing changes in their bodies. These changes are not only in the visible body parts but also in the ones inside bodies. One of the major changes that women face is in their menstrual and ovulation cycle. It starts with a reduction in the cycles and leads to a complete cessation of menses. This is the time in a woman’s life when she is welcomed by hot flushes and night sweats. Among other treatments, like holistic healing, hormone replacement therapy, Acupuncture Natural Healing is the most effective therapy. It can relieve the symptoms of menopause and help women during this transitional period.
Menopause – A Transition | holistic healing
It is important to note that menopause is not a singular life event that happens in one day. It is a complete period of transition in women that does not begin when they stop having periods. The menstrual transition can begin way before the cessation of menses. Some women start their perimenopause during their late 30s.
In this period, the first thing to happen is the reduction in their ovulatory cycle. This is because, during this time, ovaries have started their natural decline. Due to this, progesterone levels reduce, hormones and estrogen levels become erratic. As a result, hot flushes and night sweats are caused.
Symptoms of Menopause | holistic healing
Due to the entire transitional process, women start experiencing several symptoms. These symptoms may start appearing years before the periods ending.
The most common symptoms of the menopausal transition include:
- Short menstrual cycles
- Irregular or skipped periods
- Severe and/or prolonged PMS symptoms
- Irritability and/or weepiness
- Rapid weight gain and difficulty losing weight
- Excessive hair loss
- Digestive problems
- Lower libido
Menopause is a reality that no woman can escape. So, it is better to be prepared beforehand instead of being caught off guard. Some therapies and simple lifestyle changes can help women during this transition period. Women may not be able to escape menopausal transition but they can transition in a much smoother way by following these steps.
1. Acupuncture Natural Healing
The first on the list is acupuncture.
Acupuncture is one of the most popular treatments that originated from ancient Chinese medicine. In the procedure, extremely thin and fine needles are inserted in the body of the patient. The needles are inserted at particular points in the body which are considered to be the lines of energy (meridians).
Recently, a study was conducted to find out whether acupuncture helps women with menopausal symptoms or not.
According to the results, almost 80% of the women in the study group reported a reduction in hot flushes and night sweats. They also reported improvement in their sleep patterns and emotional health.
The researchers are of the view that for acupuncture to work, the patient has to believe for it to work. The placebo effect is quite prominent in the case of acupuncture.
However, acupuncture has been declared as a simple, safe, and cost-efficient procedure. Moreover, there are near-to-none side effects of this procedure.
Acupuncture has proven to be a beneficial treatment for women going through the menopausal transition. Therefore, it can be termed as a go-to treatment. But it is important to be aware of all the possible side effects and limitations of the treatment to make an informed decision.
2. Supplements and Herbal Medicine
Acupuncture natural healing never works alone. It is just one side of a much bigger picture.
For acupuncture to yield excellent results, Chinese herbal medicine is combined with it. When herbal medicine is used along with acupuncture, it improves the outcome.
Women in their menopausal transition period have reported much better results when they combined acupuncture with Chinese herbal medicine.
Apart from Chinese herbs, supplements are also a key factor in yielding excellent results. Women during their menopausal transition should take the following supplements:
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Vitamin D3
- Fish Oil
- Adrenal Support
These supplements help improve mood, reduce hot flushes, and regulate hormonal fluctuations.
3. Diet and Exercise
Women need to accept the fact that during and after menopause, their bodies will not be the same as before menopause. Therefore, they need to make adjustments in their overall lifestyle according to the new requirements.
Diet and exercise are the two main aspects of our lives. There is no standard diet and exercise routine that everyone can follow. However, there are some basic changes/additions that everyone can incorporate into their lifestyle.
- Avoid Processed Food: These are the culprits behind bloating, weight gain, and water retention. They also cause inflammation. Therefore, it is better to avoid them, especially the ones high in sodium and carbohydrates.
- Eat Well-Balanced Diet: Try to include more proteins, fats, and vegetables in the diet.
- No Sugar: Think as if it doesn’t exist. Processed and refined white sugar can cause hormone dysregulation by increasing inflammation.
- Reduce Caffeine and Alcohol Intake: Try to cut back on caffeine and alcohol. Use 1 serving of caffeine every day in the beginning before completely abandoning.
- Stay Hydrated: Keep yourself hydrated all the time. Drink at least 8-12 glasses of water daily.
Apart from a healthy diet, regular exercise also helps during the menopausal transition.
- It helps reduce stress and fatigue.
- It regulates adrenal function (exhaustive exercise should be avoided during this period as it may deplete adrenals).
- Diet and Exercise help in improving the sleep pattern.
- It improves blood sugar levels.
- It helps in balancing weight.
- Diet and Exercise strengthen the cardiovascular system, muscles, and bones.
- It helps reduce hot flushes and night sweats.
It is important to note that while exercise is good for menopausal transition, not all types are. Therefore, a moderate cardio exercise for at least 45 minutes 3 times a week can do the most benefit.
Conclusion holistic healing
To conclude, the menopausal transition is not an overnight event. It can take several years as it is a period of transition. For smoothly transitioning during this period, some natural remedies and therapies can be employed. Acupuncture natural healing is one of the most effective treatments during the menopausal transition. Other ways of having a smooth transition include a healthy diet, regular exercise, and taking supplements.
Read other interesting article Avoid Doing These Things To Prevent Bone Disorders