With CBD products gaining significant popularity because of their health benefits, more and more health-conscious individuals are exploring these. These products, produced from cannabis or hemp, are available in various forms, like gummies, tinctures, etc. CBD tinctures are the concentrated versions of CBD and consumers can place orders for these from online CBD stores.
How are tinctures made?
CBD is one of many compounds present in the cannabis plant, particularly found in its flowers and buds. Unlike the THC, which is also another compound, the CBD will not give you a “high”. CBD tinctures are prepared from very high hemp strains, have 60%-70% alcohol, and recommended mainly for alleviating symptoms of pain or anxiety.
Any reputed CBD oil shop will offer tinctures. In the US, most CBD is derived from hemp which is obtained from cannabis. Hemp growth has been encouraged because it has less than 0.3% THC which is legally allowed. The tinctures are made when herbs are soaked in liquid that is stored inside glass bottles with droppers. In case of CBD tinctures, the buds or hemp flowers are put in alcohol or a mix of water and alcohol for extracting the CBD. Nowadays, tinctures are usually prepared by putting hemp in some plant-based oil.
Reasons to shop CBD online:
- Tinctures act fast and can help alleviate acute conditions which need quick relief. Even a small dose of CBD tinctures can be effective. Because it is highly concentrated you do not need to ingest a large amount.
- Unlike CBD gummies and cookies, the tinctures will not have added sugar. It is advisable to eat high-fat foods like eggs or avocados with it.
- Tinctures are also preferred by consumers as they tend to have a longer shelf life.
- They are easy-to-use and can be absorbed faster when taken below the tongue. You can adjust tincture doses by lowering or increasing drops.
- According to a 2018 survey, almost 62% of respondents claimed that they used CBD products for treating different medical conditions. Conditions like insomnia, migraine, pains, seizures, inflammatory conditions and arthritis were found to get maximum benefits from CBD. For instance, the FDA has approved Epidiolex, the only CBD-derived medicine for treating seizure in kids.
CBD tinctures and other products are available in 3 forms:
- Full-spectrum CBD which includes all the components of the cannabis plant, including THC, CBD, and terpenes.
- Broad-spectrum CBD which is full-spectrum CBD minus THC.
- CBD isolate which is the purest CBD form having only CBD in it.
You will see that CBD tinctures are largely safe for use, provided you invest in quality products from a reputed CBD store. When taken in high doses, it can interfere with any other medications you may be taking. So, before buying any product, it is always better to consult a medical professional.
When you reside in a state where CBD has been licensed, you can consult a licensed dispensary or healthcare professional before buying. Else, you should review the companies selling these products first before buying from them. You can check their sites for reviews and get in touch with their customer service. It is wise to ask for a Certificate of Authenticity or COA for the products; this indicates they have been tested by third-parties.