Table of Contents
Shopify is a great e-commerce platform offering great user experience to sellers and buyers equally. But this is one of the things that makes it very popular hence, making it extremely competitive for store owners.
If you think it’s finally time to make the best of your Shopify store in 2023, take a look at these expert tricks that will make your buyer’s first choice.
If you’ve been in business for quite some time, you probably already know a lot about Shopify SEO for beginners. But this field of digital marketing is constantly evolving and you need to be in the loop. Even if the optimization was originally done perfectly, there’s always room for improvement as certain rules might have changed.
Here are a couple of things you should do from time to time:
- Check if your pages are still optimized adequately for organic keywords
- Write fresh content for your blog and make sure you choose topics your buyers will appreciate
- Update old blogs if there have been some changes in the info you previously wrote about
- Make sure there are internal links between the pages of your website
- Make navigation between pages as easy as possible
- Don’t forget the often neglected details, like alt text for your images and meta description
Shopify was created with the buyer’s safety and mind. Unfortunately, this didn’t stop some people from abusing it by creating fake stores and committing fraud. This is probably the reason why, as research revealed, 62% of people feel being a victim of scams is an inevitable risk of online shopping.
That’s why you should ensure your customers know they’re safe in your store. With so many shops to choose from, buyers will prioritize safety. They will opt for the most transparent store that makes their shopping as easy as possible. So, if you haven’t already done this, it’s advisable to do the following:
- Ease access to policies, terms, and conditions. We’re sure they are already on your website, but make sure the visitors can easily find them and read them. This will build their trust: easy access means you’re not hiding anything in small print.
- Be transparent about the additional fees, such as shipping. But not just to ensure your customers understand there’s an additional cost. The fact that shipping is free for orders above a certain total should be as visible as possible because people naturally decide to buy more products if it’s going to get them something for free. Don’t fail to leverage this. In return, your customers will trust you more since you’ve done everything you can to let them know they can avoid shipping.
- For the longest time, all sorts of shops were trying to make their products appear more affordable by ending the price at 99 cents. I.e., instead of $28, the price a buyer would see was $27.99. Don’t do this. Write prices as solid numbers since your goal should not be to seem cheaper. Your customers aren’t there for your products’ affordability but rather their uniqueness. Additionally, they will feel like you’re not trying to trick them by making the price appear lower, hence – you guessed it – they will trust you more.
You probably know by now that a social media presence is necessary since it’s a great channel to promote your business and get in touch with your target audience.
What you should additionally consider is:
- Checking analytics of your presence on different social networks to see which one is giving you the most results. Not every network is built for every product’s target audience. You need to try and find the one that works for you.
- Keep in mind that Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc., are not just there for your paid ads. They can be a great way to communicate with your buyer. Also, your presence there is another way to straighten the buyer’s trust.
Loyalty and referral programs
If you haven’t already, it’s time to implement a loyalty and/or referral program. Both programs are about creating an incentive to inspire your customers to return. Here’s what you can do:
- A loyalty program is when you award your shop’s patrons by giving them something for free. The most common option is “buy one and get another one for free.” You can also offer them free shipping for every 5th purchase, and a discount for every 10th. Use your imagination. Also, make the calculations of what works for you the best.
- A referral program is when your current customer is rewarded if they recommend you to someone who ends up making a purchase. Their reward can be similar to those mentioned above for loyal customers.
Your Shopify store can be a great success if you’re willing to constantly work on improving it. The world is changing faster than ever, and that’s why you have to keep your shop updated and check for changes in the market demands. That way, you can implement them as soon as possible. We hope these tricks will help you get your Shopify store where you want it to be in 2023 and beyond.