Table of Contents
One of the major outcomes of globalization is the rapid growth in the tourism and hospitality industry. With India being among the most popular travel destinations, the government is also encouraging and investing in the development of these industries.
The hotel industry is a key part of the hospitality industry with excellent growth potential in the near future. There is already a demand for hotel management professionals, and it is expected to grow more with the rapidly increasing number of hotels being set up in the country as well as all over the world. Apart from its show, a career in hotel management from one of the Best Hotel Management Colleges in Hyderabad has become lucrative and exciting and hence attracting more and more students to choose a career in this path.
Hotel management jobs include several skills like food and beverage service, sales and marketing, front office operation, accounting, etc. Many government colleges, as well as private institutes in India, offer certificate and diploma or degree courses in hotel management.
Hotel Management Courses After 10th Grade
Students who passed their 10th-grade examinations can pursue the following types of hotel management programs are Diploma courses and Certificate/Vocational courses. You can join any of the Hotel Management Colleges in Hyderabad After 10th.
Some of the popular Diploma courses are:
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Food & Beverages Production
- Diploma in Front Office Operations
- Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Diploma in Food and Catering Technology
Some of the popular Certificate/Vocational courses are:
- Certificate in Front Office Operations
- Certificate in Food and Beverages Production
- Certificate in Hotel and Catering Management
- Certificate in Housekeeping
Personal Attributes That the Candidate should require:
Candidates should be hardworking and also possess great communication and interpersonal skills and should be able to discover all your potentials, an ability to handle disputes or criticism, and patience. He/she should be co-operative, polite, and respectful towards guests in all situations.
Job Prospects After Hotel Management Course:
There are several exciting job opportunities for hotel management graduates because of the increasing competition in the hotel industry. Since a hotel has various departments such as Food and Beverages, Operations, Front Office, Accounting, Security, Sales and Marketing, Engineering/ Maintenance, etc. one has the option to choose a field of their liking, pursue a career in the field and successfully grow in it.
Apart from jobs in Hotels and restaurants, hotel management diploma graduates or holders will be able to find good jobs in:
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services
- Club management
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy
- Hospital administration and catering
- Hotel and Tourism Associations (for e.g., state tourism development corporations)
- Guest Houses, resorts
- Hospitality services in various MNCs
- Forest Lodges
- Kitchen Management (in hotels or running canteens in college, in factories, schools, company guest houses, etc.)
- Catering departments of railways, shipping companies, banks, etc.
- Hotel and catering institutes (as a management trainee/ marketing or sales executive)
- Self-employment (as an entrepreneur).