What is Asbestos?
Naturally occurring silicate crystals. They are composed of thin, long, fibrous crystals. Asbestos is an excellent example of electric insulating material. Its unique physical property makes it suitable for use in floor tiles, road signs, and sewage pipes, cement building material, gas masks, lifts, brakes. Asbestos in house can cause potential risk to your health.
Common myths about asbestos.
- Face masks will provide safety- No! General face masks are not well equipped and are also not adequate or enough to keep you safe, to be worn while working near areas affected by asbestos. Professional and trained experts wear specially designed masks during the task with asbestos for minimising exposure to the material.
- Removal of asbestos on your own- Removal of asbestos on your own is dangerous. Removal and disposal of asbestos needs expert experience to minimise the risk to health and to people near you. Contacting an asbestos removal professional is the best and the safest way.
- Asbestos causes mild diseases- The exposure is dangerous. Exposure to asbestos will not render an immediate effect on your body, rather it is a slow process. The damage to one’s health varies from one individual to another. If you are in doubt, consult a doctor immediately.
- Asbestos is not lethal- Asbestos can cause serious health damage like cancer. Lung cancer from the exposure of asbestos can appear after 30 or 40 years. Although the condition is not contagious neither can it be transmitted between people, but it might prove fatal for an individual.
- Properties are free from asbestos- Not necessarily true. Many property building materials contain asbestos as a component. Contacting a professional is the best advice.
Health symptoms from asbestos exposure
- Weight loss in the long run
- Increase in blood pressure
- Loss in appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling around face and neck
- Breathing problem might happen due to damaged lungs
The health risks related to asbestos depend on a number of factors such as length of exposure, the type of fibre an individual was exposed to, and how frequent was the exposure. Based on the above factor the health risk can stand out to be lung cancer, malignant mesothelioma- both have proven to be fatal. Mesothelioma is determined to be painful and has a poor prognosis. The above stated information and details exemplify the importance of asbestos removal from your home immediately.
Professional service for asbestos removal
There are several factors that you should consider for choosing professional service–
- The quick evaluation from the team of experts will provide you with the plan of removal
- The initial checkup of your home would be held with the materials such as- thermal image cameras, hazardous equipped materials, moisture meters, borescopes. All of which is not commonly present within a household for detection of asbestos.
- The technologies and equipment the trained experts have ensure a cost-effective and quick removal of asbestos.
- The experience and training of the on-site experts reduce the cross-contamination risk, while carrying the task with safety and complying with all the safety regulations such as wearing specially designed protective masks, well equipped gloves, tools, and protective body armor to ensure minimal exposure.