Table of Contents
For some user’s Chrome web browser, the scroll is not working when they visit certain websites. Even though you have tried all other ways from internet searching to find a solution for your problem but no luck? In this article, we will describe how to fix website scroll not working in Chrome with an easy way and without any technical knowledge. You can fix this issue on your own or contact technical experts to resolve website scroll not working in Chrome.
Website scroll not working problem seems to be a common one among many users, especially when they are visiting your website. This is definitely an unsettling experience for the user because the main purpose of every website is to provide information and solutions for their question. When the website is malfunctioning like this, it becomes completely useless for them.
Website scroll not working problem happens to Chrome browser only and other browsers are working fine on the same websites. Now let’s see what could be possible reasons behind this error and how we can fix the scroll not working in Chrome issue.
There are various reasons behind this error, for example:
- There is some code error or script conflict on your webpage which is stopping the site scroll to work properly.
- The user’s computer RAM memory may not be enough to run website scripts properly.
- Problem with Chrome browser version that is why it does not support your scripts.
- There is malware infection on your website that may have added some bad code on it which is stopping the site scroll to work properly.
- Many more possible reasons are there so you need to know how to fix website scroll not working issue in Chrome browser and all other major web browsers as well.
We will provide you some easy and quick solutions to fix website scroll not working in Chrome issue.
How to Fix Website Scroll Not Working Problem?
There are two different methods that you can follow to resolve this error, but it is necessary for you to check which method will work fine on your computer. You need to try both of them one by one and see which one of them works best for you.
Method 1: If you know coding, then update or modify your HTML code according to the error and see if it fixes website scroll not working issue in Chrome browser. But it is better and recommended that you will take help from a technical expert before making any changes to your code. This is because unintentional modification of code can harm your website and we will not be responsible for any loss.
Method 2: This method is best suited to fix all kind of web browser errors like this one, but before following this process you need to know how it works. The user will simply disable website scripts temporarily from their Chrome browser settings and enable them back after some time. This is not at all technical process and anyone can follow this method even if they don’t know about coding.
Steps to Fix Website Scroll Not Working in Chrome Issue
- Open your Chrome browser on your computer and type ” chrome://flags/ ” without quotes in the address bar of your web browser and press enter key to open the secret webpage.
- On this page, find ” Enable Smooth Scrolling” option and select disabled option from the drop down box against it. Then click on the blue RELOAD BUTTON given at the end of your screen to apply these changes in Chrome browser settings.
- Now open any website where you are facing this issue and check if this error is resolved or not. If it is fine now, then you can stop here and wait for smooth scrolling to become enabled automatically in Chrome browser settings according to Google update schedule.
- If the website scroll bug is still there and your problem is not fixed yet, then you need to disable this feature manually from your Chrome browser settings. To do this:
- Open Chrome browser and in the address bar, type chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling and press enter key to open a secret page with all smooth scrolling options in it. On this page, find the ” Smooth Scrolling” option and select disabled option from the drop down box against it. Then click on the blue RELOAD BUTTON given at the end of your screen to apply these changes in Chrome browser settings.
- Now open any website where you are facing this issue and check if this error is still there or it has resolved by itself. If the problem has not yet been fixed, then you will need to disable the smooth scrolling option completely from your Chrome browser settings by following the same steps.
- If none of the above two methods work for you, then your computer’s memory is too low to run those scripts so it is better that you will clear Google Chrome browser cache and website browsing data from its preferences section as a temporary solution.
- Just in case these tricks do not work for you, then try to update your Chrome browser to the latest stable version and check if this error is still there. If it works fine on the new updated Chrome browser, then one of your extensions may be causing this trouble so you need to disable all installed Chrome extensions one by one and run smooth scrolling feature in them again.
- If nothing works for you, then try to update your graphic card drivers from the website of its original manufacturer. This will fix this problem in most cases when high-end graphics cards are being used in your computer.
- Also disable hardware acceleration feature temporarily from Chrome browser settings if it makes scrolling slow on some websites or make them unresponsive which is the main reason behind this error.
I hope this article will solve your scrolling problems in Chrome browser but before implementing any of these steps on your website.