If someone is a non-immigrant

There are different kinds of immigration. These include citizens, residents, non-immigrants and undocumented.

Non-Immigrants (or temporary residents)

If someone is a non-immigrant, they can live in the U.S. legally for a specific time and then they must leave. A non-immigrant is usually someone who has been granted permission by the United States government to enter the country temporarily. They can stay in the United States for up to six months at a time.

Reads More: skunk haircut


When an immigrant is not a legal resident of the United States, they are considered undocumented. This means that they have broken the law by entering Immigration law the United States. They might have overstayed a visa, worked without authorization or violated a condition of their admission. If someone is here illegally, they cannot stay longer than six months.


A resident can live and work in the United States permanently. They can get citizenship or become naturalized citizens, which means they have officially become legal U.S. citizens. They may also have a green card, which is given to permanent residents of the United States.


People who have become citizens are called American citizens. They get to vote in federal elections and can own property. They can become U.S. citizens through the process of becoming naturalized citizens.

Author Bio:

This is Aryan, I am a professional SEO Expert & Write for us Fashion blog and submit a guest post on different platforms- We provides a good opportunity for content writers to submit guest posts on our website. We frequently highlight and tend to showcase guests.