Table of Contents
The Dallas Cowboys defeated the Los Angeles Chargers 27-24 in a nail-biting finish on Monday night at SoFi Stadium. The game featured a showdown between two of the best young quarterbacks in the league, Dak Prescott and Justin Herbert, who both threw for over 300 yards and two touchdowns.
Cowboys rally from behind
The Cowboys trailed 17-10 at halftime but scored 17 unanswered points in the third quarter to take a 27-17 lead. Prescott connected with Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb for touchdown passes, while Ezekiel Elliott added a rushing score. The Cowboy’s defense also stepped up, forcing two turnovers and sacking Herbert three times.
Chargers fight back
The Chargers did not give up, however, and mounted a comeback in the fourth quarter. Herbert found Keenan Allen for a 12-yard touchdown with 6:23 left in the game, cutting the deficit to 27-24. The Chargers then got the ball back with 2:14 remaining and drove to the Cowboys’ 35-yard line. However, Herbert’s pass on fourth-and-10 was intercepted by Trevon Diggs, who sealed the win for the Cowboys.
Key stats and highlights
- Prescott completed 25 of 36 passes for 337 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. He also ran for 23 yards on four carries.
- Herbert completed 28 of 42 passes for 354 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. He also ran for 16 yards on three carries.
- Cooper led the Cowboys with seven receptions for 112 yards and a touchdown. Lamb had six catches for 81 yards and a touchdown.
- Allen led the Chargers with nine receptions for 108 yards and a touchdown. Mike Williams had six catches for 97 yards.
- Elliott led the Cowboys with 71 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries. Tony Pollard added 58 yards on nine carries.
- Austin Ekeler led the Chargers with 60 yards on 15 carries. He also had four catches for 29 yards.
- Diggs had two interceptions for the Cowboys, while Micah Parsons had two sacks.
- Joey Bosa had one sack and one forced fumble for the Chargers.
You can watch some of the highlights of the game here.