Translation of a foreign passport is necessary for any citizen who plans to leave the territory of his native state and travel abroad.
The translated document may be requested in the following cases:
- When registering a marriage with a foreign citizen. In this case, the registry office must provide a notarized translation of the passport of a foreign citizen;
- When buying real estate;
- When applying for a job or doing business;
- Upon receiving education;
- When opening a bank account;
- Upon receipt of a residence permit, work patent, citizenship and other actions.
In other words, being on the territory of a foreign country, a foreign citizen will not be able to apply to practically any organization without presenting a translation of his passport. Many organizations request a translation of a passport with or without notarization. When translating a foreign passport, in some cases, notarization is not required, but it is better to clarify this directly when contacting the organization.
It is important to note that the translation of a foreign citizen’s passport has a number of features and knowledge of the requirements of state bodies. Many people try to translate a foreign passport on their own – this procedure requires a lot of effort, time, and, often, does not bring a positive result, because when performing a translation it is important not only to know a foreign language, but also to have knowledge of legal terms (spelling of names and surnames, names of bodies that issued the document, etc.).
Professionalism and experience in translating this document is the key to the accuracy and quality of the order.
We recommend that you solve the problem with the translation of this type of document in advance and contact the PRO-Translation translation agency, which will help to avoid possible difficulties with submitting documents to government and legal organizations.
TRANSLATION OF LEGAL DOCUMENTS
legal translation of documents is one of the main areas of translation in our agency. At the same time, legal translation requires the translator to have deep professional knowledge in the field of jurisprudence and law, which is necessary for correct interpretation and adequate transmission of the content of the text.
What are the features of translation of legal documents?
Legal translation has a number of difficulties, which can be conditionally divided into two groups:
1. Stylistic features. What is typical for texts of the official business style, namely grammatical constructions complicated by the passive voice, passive participles, homogeneous members of the sentence and homogeneous subordinate clauses; cliche; Latin terms that are an integral part of legal culture; legal terms. It is important to note that the legal text should be as accurate as possible, the ambiguity of any term is unacceptable.
2. Linguocultural features. These include lexical gaps caused by the absence of any phenomenon / subject in the target language (for example, the term “procurator” used in German means “a trusted commercial enterprise in some foreign countries, who has broad powers (prosecutor) to carry out all kinds of transactions “). In different countries, there are different judicial systems, regulatory legal acts, different notarial oaths and oaths of sworn translators (which, by the way, are also a foreign reality), educational standards (for example, the degree of candidate or doctor of science in Russia and their analogs abroad, private -docent or doctor of philosophy, etc.).
What legal documents can be translated in our office?
We offer translation of various types of legal texts:
– constituent documents for legal entities and corporate clients, statutes;
– agreements, contracts, agreements, annexes thereto;
– court decisions, statements of claim, wills, powers of attorney;
– legal opinions, memoranda, laws and regulations;
– instructions, certificates, references and certificates;
– apostilles and notarial records, affidavits, oaths of sworn translators, etc.
The cost of translations calculated according to tariffs and depends on the volume of the text and the target language. If possible, our translators can perform the translation in an accelerated mode without losing the quality of the translation. Surcharge for urgency + 50% to the basic rate.
Also in our bureau you can certify translations by a notary. This is an additional service, its cost is 660 rubles / document.