Table of Contents
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of the most comprehensive and globally adopted cloud platforms. It offers more than 200 services and combines Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS). The AWS certification validates individuals for their cloud expertise and technical skills to advance their careers and businesses. From fastest-growing start-ups to government agencies and large enterprises, millions of customers use AWS to carry out business operations effectively and quickly.
The Need For AWS
Cloud computing has become one of the most necessary technologies in today’s businesses and enterprises, as it has reduced the cost of software, hardware, and many other resources. It has made it possible for businesses and organizations to run their operations over the internet remotely.
AWS is one of the most secure cloud platforms that include 230 security, governance, and compliance features and services. AWS infrastructure meets the security requirements of global banks, the military, and other sensitive enterprises. And with AWS training and certification in hand, you can grab the best cloud computing jobs in the industry!
Types Of AWS Certifications
There are 12 AWS certifications, categorized into four different tiers – Foundational, Associate, Professional, and Specialty.
The foundational-level certification includes AWS Cloud Practitioner, which requires individuals to hold at least six months of experience using AWS.
Individuals with at least one year of experience in solving business problems and implementing business solutions on AWS are eligible to pursue the below associate-level certifications.
- AWS Cloud Developer
- AWS Solutions Architect
- AWS SysOps Administrator
Professional-level certifications require individuals to hold at least two years of experience designing, developing, executing, and troubleshooting business solutions on AWS. Below are the two professional-level certificates:
- AWS DevOps Cloud Certification
- AWS Solutions Architect
AWS Specialty certifications require individuals to possess experience in the technical cloud. There are six specialty certifications, as follows:
- AWS Data Analytics
- AWS Advanced Networking
- AWS Database
- AWS Cloud Security
- AWS Machine Learning
- AWS Alexa Skill Builder
How To Become An Expert In AWS?
AWS certified professionals demonstrate that they possess in-demand and the latest cloud expertise validated by one of the most recognised cloud providers globally. Individuals can choose any AWS certification course as per their experience and knowledge.
Possessing an AWS certificate definitely increases an individual’s value and also increases the chances of getting hired by renowned companies as a top professional.
The below roadmap will help you to become an AWS expert:
- Before choosing the right AWS course, you must first understand why you want to get it. In other terms, decide your goals and the position you want to acquire in future in the cloud domain.
- If you are a novice to cloud technology, you should go with the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification. If you have experience developing cloud-based projects, you can directly appear for the AWS examination without preparation.
- Theoretical knowledge is not sufficient to qualify for an exam. You need hands-on experience in using AWS. You can practice and gain that experience without spending money, as Amazon provides free access to some features for one year.
- Once you gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in AWS, you can schedule an exam by registering on the AWS website. Make sure you schedule an exam at the correct time to get enough days for the preparation. Practice multiple mock tests and labs during this period.
- When you start the exam, try to allocate the time for each question to solve. More importantly, focus on easily solvable questions first.
Once you qualify for an examination, you will earn an AWS certificate. Along with an AWS certificate, highlighting other skills is also essential. Many junior cloud developers who possess an AWS certificate fail to mention other soft and hard skills. Therefore, build your resume that includes all these essentials.
For AWS certification training, you can opt for Koenig Solutions, one of the foremost training providers. It is a global leader in the training industry and offers courses for all AWS certifications spread across Foundational, Associate, Professional, and Specialty levels.
AWS expert tutors train candidates to qualify for a certification exam. You can choose any of the three training modes – Instructor-led online, Instructor-led offline, and Fly-me-a-trainer – onsite.
Also Read: Know About Online Web Design Courses And Tutorials