Table of Contents
We all get sick at some point in time. Even the most health-conscious individual in our group also may fall sick. Sometimes the illness becomes so grave that people need to be hospitalize. And for the past two years, we have seen enough people visiting the hospital and getting admitte there due to COVID-19. All these not only take a toll on health but our pockets also. We cannot avoid some illnesses but we can avoid situations when we are paying a lot of money, more than is require. And one of the ways to do that is by buying a health insurance policy. Read more about 7 wonder city.
While the idea of purchasing a health insurance policy may seem to be very easy, choosing one is not the same. There are so many insurance companies dominating the market that it can be very difficult to choose one that can be the best for us. Whil we are discussing health insurance policies that we should opt for, we can consider Star Health or HDFC Ergo. Since you have to pick any one from these two, let us do a quick comparison between Star Health and HDFC Ergo.
Star Health Insurance
Star Health Insurance comes with 11 healthcare plans for the customers. The plans include individual, family, senior citizens, COVID-19 plans, diabetes, and many more. the company provides health policies on an individual or family floater basis. The basic features include:
- The Star Health Insurance policies can be bought by people within the age range of 18 years and 65 years
- The policies cover the insure, his/her spouse, and a maximum of three children who are dependent on the policyholder. The age of the children have to be between 3 months and 25 years
- The coverage includes health check-ups, pre-and post-hospitalization costs, organ donor expenses, child delivery and newborn expenses, bariatric surgery, AYUSH treatment, and many more
- The policies also provide a personal accident cover which includes accidental as well as permanent total disability
- They also cover seconf medical opinion and air ambulance expenses
- You can avail of 100% automatic restoration of the sum insured; however, it is subject to conditions.
HDFC provides six plans which include individual, family, senior citizens, COVID-19 plan, critical illness, and many more. The HDFC ERGO is known for providing health insurance policies for individuals as well as family members. The key features include:
- HDFC ERGO health insurance policy is for people more than 18 years of age. There is no upper limit for age
- The expenses that are covere include pre-and post-hospitalization costs, in-hospital expenses, free health check-ups. AYUSH treatment, day-care procedures, cashless home healthcare, organ donor expenses, and many more
- It also covers expenses for mental healthcare and its treatment
- if you are around 45 years odl and have no health issues, you can purchase. This cover without even undergoing a medical test
- if you are hospitalize for more than 10 days at a stretch, you will be provide with financial support
- HDFC ERGO health insurance policy comes with the option for lifetime renewability
Now that you know the basic features of both Start Health Insurance and HDFC ERGO, you can very easily take your call. Apart from these two, there are many more health insurance policies that you can go for. To find out the several types of policies in the market, you can visit the website of IIFL. You can even use the health insurance premium calculator to compare the premium rates and see which policy suits your needs. Now, all that you are require to do is to visit IIFL and start checking out as many health insurance policies as it is possible for you.